Lemon is used in many face wash products due to its ultimate benefits it offered. Lemon is a powerhouse of Vitamin C, which is beneficial in lightening pigmentation and giving glowing skin. Most people suggest lemon face wash for their skincare routine. It helps in reducing the acne marks and scars on the face and gives a refreshing feeling after washing the face.
Lemon is used not only in face wash, but it is also used in making lemonade, cocktails, and soft drinks.
Also Read: Good Vibes Products Review
Lemon benefits for face
- Control oily skin
It is a wonderful remedy for the oily skin. It help in controlling oily skin and keep your face free from excess oil. It is a great way to combat sebum’s excessive production, which can block pores, causing ugly pimples. If you add this habit in your daily routine of rubbing lemon on your face at least once per day and washing the face after 5-10 min with cold water will make your skin radiant and shiny.
- Removes discoloration, acne scars, and acne blemishes
lemon has bleaching capabilities in it so it fade the acne marks and pimples. The citric acid in Lemon will cleanse your skin from the inside and will also remove dead skin cells, so that the face will look young.
- Lemon cure acne and protect from pimples
When we get pimples on our face, then we start searching for the products of the market to remove those pimples. But before you reach for those products, it is important to know that the lemon which is kept in your kitchen can help you to remove these pimples.
Lemon are acidic and have antimicrobial properties which are able to fight with acne-causing bacteria. Furthermore, the astringent characteristics of lemon juice can help prevent breakouts from getting worse by reducing itching and inflammation.
- Shrinks large open pores
The main lemon benefit for the face is that it helps reduce large pores. Lemon juice can improve the appearance of the skin and tighten it due to its astringent properties.
The large pore on our face can filled with oils and dirt, which can lead to the increase in the numbers of acne on our face. Lemon juice can reduce the size of your pores, so no oil and dirt can take place there and cause any acne.
Apart from large pores, the frequent use of lemons on your face can assist in preventing blackheads. It is possible to make a powerful scrub at home by using freshly squeezed lemon juice and baking soda. Applying this mixture to your nose and other affected areas will create noticeable improvements on your face.
- Naturally Lightens the Skin Tone
Lemons are high in citric acid, and it is a kind of AHA that is a natural ingredient for effects on the skin. Lemon juice functions as a natural bleaching agent and are much more effective than cosmetic skin lightening products.
In addition, it helps reduce the appearance of aged spots and brighten the dull, uneven skin, but it can also lighten dark hairs on the face.
You can apply freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix it with water before applying it to your face.
- Brightens dull skin
Another lemon’s benefit for the face is that it can help to even out and lighten dull skin.
A potent antioxidant, citric acid in lemons improves collagen production. The dull skin typically results from damage caused by environmental pollution and direct contact of sun UV rays.
The use of lemon juice can rejuvenate your skin and reduce pigmentation. Since lemon juice is natural bleaching properties, you could use the cotton pad filled with lemon juice and apply it to your face to reduce dark spots and uneven pigmentation.
Side Effects of Lemon on face
- Skin sensitive to sunlight
When you apply lemon juice on your face and get in the direct contact of sunlight it may cause redness, swelling and patches on the skin. This happens due to the harmful effects of Ultraviolet rays and these kind of skin reaction is referred as Phytophotodermatitis.
- Could cause sunburn
If your skin is sensitive do not use lemon on your skin directly. By applying lemon juice if you comes in contact of sun rays may cause sunburn.
- Skin irritation
Applying lemon extracts directly on the face can cause skin irritation because of their acidic qualities. Dryness, irritation to the skin, peeling, redness, and flaky skin are few of the more common adverse consequences. If you suffer from irritable skin, the skin irritation can get more serious.
- It can cause Chemical Leukoderma
In addition to the above-mentioned adverse effects of lemon juice on the skin, chemical leukoderma could be one of the more severe ailments. It is a result of the chemical properties found in Lemon.
If you use lemon juice to treat your face or skin, be sure to check the ingredients that you combine to prepare the face mask are well together. This can result in persistent white spots.
However suitable you believe that Lemon has been beneficial for your skin, it’s always important to keep an eye out for any potential dangers and adverse effects in order to be cautious.
How to Choose Right Lemon Face Wash?
It is not a difficult task to choose a suitable face wash for your skin. You need the proper knowledge of skin type and what face wash is offered for them.
Skin Type – Benefits to Look for in a Face Wash
- Oily Skin – Oil Reduction and Pore Cleansing
- Normal Skin – Deep Cleansing
- Dry Skin – Moisturization and Toning
- Sensitive Skin – Mild and Non-irritating cleanser
List of 10 Best Lemon Face Wash
- Himalaya Fresh Start Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash
The Himalaya Fresh Start oil-free Lemon face wash is a unique formulation that has the power of fresh Lemon along with the deep-cleansing power of natural beads that help eliminate excess oil, dirt, and impurities.
Rating: 4.5 Price: Rs. 145 Quantity: 100ml
- Lemon helps in removing oil, grime, and grease.
- After washing the face, it feels refreshed.
Ingredient in Himalaya Lemon Face Wash
- Lemon: Lemon is a popular ingredient in cosmetics due to its excellent skin-conditioning properties. It also has refreshing and astringent qualities that reduce facial oiliness.
- Indian Gooseberry: Indian Gooseberry’s astringent properties help to reduce skin oiliness.
How to use Himalaya Lemon Face Wash?
- Apply Himalaya Fresh Start Oil Lemon Cleanser to the face with a bit of water and massage.
- Work the lather into smooth leather by circling it. Rinse off and dry.
- Use it twice daily.
2. Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash
The Oil Clear Lemon face wash from Himalaya is a non-soap formulation that gently cleans the face and eliminates excess oil.
Blended with Lemon is a well-known astringent and Honey, which is known for its natural properties of cleansing, and the face wash is gentle on your skin without drying skin.
Rating: 4.5 Price: Rs. 210 Quantity: 200ml
- It has Lemon in it, which is a natural astringent; it helps in removing excess oil.
- Honey is present in this Himalaya Lemon face wash; it helps deep cleanse the skin.
Ingredient in Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash
- Honey: Honey is good for your skin because it attracts water and provides nourishment.
- Lemon: Lemon has a soothing and astringent overall effect. Lemon has a reputation for removing dirt and grime, leaving your skin soft and smooth.
How to use Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash?
- Cleanse face, apply a tiny amount of Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash and work it into a lather in a circular motion.
- Cleanse and dry.
- Use this lemon face wash twice daily.
3. Garnier Bright Complete Lemon Face Wash
Garnier Bright Complete face wash is rich in Yuzu Lemon essence.
Yuzu Lemon is an excellent source of amount of Vitamin C and is known for its potent exfoliating, brightening, and antioxidant properties.
This gentle face wash for women is a thorough cleanser and cleanser and brightens the skin leaving bright, glowing, and even skin. It’s suitable for all types of skin.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 160 Quantity: 100gm
- It reduces the dullness of the skin.
- It cleanses and clarifies the skin.
Ingredients in Garnier Lemon Face Wash:
- Glycerin, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, etc.
How to Use Garnier Lemon Face Wash?
- Use Garnier Bright Complete Face Wash on your wet face. Massage gently with your fingertips.
- Be sure to avoid the eye contour. Cleanse thoroughly.
4. Everyuth Lemon Cherry Face Wash
The new Everyuth Naturals Cleansing Brightening Lemon and Cherry Face Wash blends the Vitamin C abundant cherries and brightening lemon extracts.
It cleanses excess oil without leaving it dry. Skin looks brighter. Regular use helps fight the tan as well.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 55 Quantity: 50gm
- It helps in fighting tan.
- It washes away excess oil with brighter-looking skin.
Ingredients in Everyuth Lemon Face Wash
- Lemon and Cherry
How to use Everyuth Lemon Face Wash?
- Take a little bit of the liquid onto your palms.
- Massage your face gently with lather.
- Rinse thoroughly with water, and then dry your skin.
5. Joy Skin Fruits – Lemon Face Wash for Oily Skin
It is the Joy Skin Brightening; Fruit Infused Face Wash is a combination of lemon extracts and active fruit boosters to fight acne-causing blemishes while revealing the natural beauty of your skin.
Lemon is an excellent supplement to your routine skincare due to the fact that citric acid contained in lemon assists in cleansing oily skin while diminishing dark spots.
Eliminating excess oil, clearing pores, and clearing out clogs, the Joy Skin Foods Lemon Brightening Face Cleanser is conscious of preserving your skin’s oil balance.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 115 Quantity: 100ml
- It helps in fighting acne and gives bright skin.
- It reduces dark spots on the skin.
Ingredients in Joy Lemon Face Wash
- Lemon extracts: Vitamin C is a natural skin lightening agent, and lemons contain it. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and boosts collagen production.
- Blackheads can be treated with lemons containing citric acid (a natural form of Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)).
- Citric acid is a natural astringent
How to use Joy lemon Face Wash?
- To create a rich lather, massage the moistened skin gently.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry with a towel.
- Daily routines should be followed
6. Lakme Blush & Glow Lemon Face Wash
Use lemons when life gives you lemons to cleanse your skin. Lakme Salon Experts have created the Lakme Blush & Glow Lemon gel face wash.
This face wash has been enriched with lemon extracts and infused with soft cleansing beads that provide a deep clean to your skin.
Your skin will be nourished by the vitamin C and citrus found in lemons. It takes only a little to clean your skin of dirt, oil, and impurities.
Your skin will feel refreshed and renewed. The face wash is rich in antioxidants and microbeads that give your skin the gentle scrub it needs daily.
This gel-based face wash is quick and easy to use. Your skin will thank you for using lemons to cleanse and detoxify your skin.
Rating: 4.9 Price: Rs. 104 Quantity: 50gm
- A perfect product for oily skin; it absorbs excess oil from the face and gives a clean look.
Ingredients in Lakme Lemon Face Wash
How to use Lakme Lemon Face Wash?
- Place a quarter-sized coin on your palm. Gently rub it onto your skin for approximately thirty seconds.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse it off, and you will have soft, clean skin.
7. Clean and Clear Morning Energy Lemon Face Wash
Clean & Clear Morning Energy Facial Wash Energizing Lemon is loaded with Vitamin C and Bursting Beads, which will revive tired-looking skin.
This gentle cleanser will give you an extra energy boost throughout the day.
It thoroughly removes dirt and oil, while its unique ingredients prevent oiliness and blackheads.
Every day, your skin will feel clean, clear, and energized.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 120 Quantity: 100ml
- After face wash, it feels refreshing and energetic.
- It deep cleans pores and removes excess oil from the face.
Ingredients in Clean & Clear Lemon Face Wash
- Lemon extract
How to use Clean & Clear Lemon Face Wash?
- Take a little bit of the product and squeeze it onto your fingers.
- Use it to make a thick lather.
- Use your fingertips to swirl the product around your face gently. Be careful not to get in your eyes.
- After washing your face, rinse thoroughly with water and dry it with a towel.
8. Patanjali Lemon Honey Face Wash
Balance for skin that is natural to leave your skin looking soft and beautiful.
It is a soap-free herbal formulation that gently cleans dirt and oil and helps prevent pimples too.
Neem and Tulsi fight off bacteria; Lemon regulates excessive sebum production, while Aloe Vera and Honey moisturize and rejuvenate the skin’s tissues, making skin smooth, fresh, and beautiful.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 45 Quantity: 60gm
- It is beneficial in removing pimples from the face.
- It reduces dark spots and pimple marks.
Ingredients in Patanjali Lemon Honey Face Wash
- Lemon and Honey
How to use Patanjali Lemon Honey Face Wash?
- Apply the Lemon face wash to wet skin, then gently text for 1 minute using water.
- Then wash. In the event of contact with eyes, rinse with water as soon as possible.
9. Himalaya Foaming Face Wash Lemon Honey
Himalaya’s Oil Control Lemon Foaming Face Wash is a non-soap, herbal formula that gently cleanses your face and eliminates excess oil.
Its main ingredients include: Lemon has an overall comforting and relaxing effect.
The citric acid in Lemon softens and lightens your skin. It also reduces the appearance of age spots and freckles and reduces blackheads.
Lemon is an excellent cleanser that removes dirt and grime as well as leaves skin soft and silky smooth. Honey is beneficial to the skin because it attracts water to retain moisture and offers nourishment to the skin.
Honey is also an antiseptic that is natural since it has antimicrobial ingredients which destroy bacteria.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 210 Quantity: 150ml
- It gives a cooling effect on the skin after face wash.
- It reduces oiliness and cleanses the skin.
Ingredients in Himalaya foaming face wash lemon honey
- Lemon: Lemon provides a relaxing and astringent impact.
- The citric acid in Lemon can lighten and soften your skin.
- Honey: Honey is a huge benefit to the skin because it provides nourishment and draws water to keep the moisture.
- The natural ingredient is antiseptic since it has antimicrobial ingredients which eliminate bacteria.
How to use Himalaya Foaming Face Wash Lemon Honey?
- Cleanse your face, and then apply only a small amount of Oil Control Lemon Foaming Face Wash.
- Work the lather gently by using a circular motion.
- Cleanse and dry.
10. Good Vibes Lemon Face Wash
The Good Vibes Refreshing Lemon Facial Wash gently removes dirt, oily residue, and other impurities while hydrating the skin.
Lemon extract in the formulation instantly revives the skin, revitalizes tired skin to its best, and prevents the proliferation of bacteria.
Rating: 4.0 Price: Rs. 159 Quantity: 120ml
- This Lemon face wash is helpful in treating pigmentation.
- Effectively cleanses pores and gives an instant fresh look.
Ingredients in Good Vibes Lemon Face Wash
- Lemon: It contains skin brightening properties and helps in reducing pigmentation.
How to use Good Vibes Lemon Face Wash?
- Wet your face.
- Take a small amount of Lemon face wash on your fingertips.
- Massage it in a circular motion.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
Wrap up on Best Lemon Face Wash
Here you are now full of knowledge about the best Lemon face wash, lemon benefits for the face, side effects of Lemon, and a guide to buying a perfect Lemon face wash that suits your skin type.
10 Different types of lemon face wash are also listed in this article, with a detailed review, so you don’t have any doubt about buying an excellent Lemon face wash for you.
Top 10 Best Lemon Face Wash: Proper Buying Guide
Q.1 Rubbing lemon on the face is good or bad?
Rubbing Lemon on the face can be good or bad both. In the case of good, Lemon has lots of benefits in it which will make your face clean and clean. But in the wrong case, due to the lots of amount of Citrus juice present in Lemon, you can feel irritation on your face.
Q.2 Can we use Lemon of the face every day?
Lemon is beneficial in reducing dark spots and pimple marks; you can use Lemon on your face every day if you want a clean look.
Q.3 Can we use Lemon for face whitening?
Lemons are high in vitamin C as well as citric acid, which is why they can aid in brightening and lightening your skin when applied for an extended period. “Vitamin C is a great antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and increases collagen production.”
Q.4 Benefits of Lemon on face overnight?
Apply the juice of a lemon on your face for a night, then wash it the next day with warm water. Your face will be glowing; naturally, your skin will be radiant, and acne scars will begin to diminish.
Q.5 What are the benefits of lemon tea?
It is low sugar and low-calorie method of adding many minerals and vitamins into your food. The addition of lemon zest to your tea can also boost its limonene. This antioxidant, present in the fruit peels, could reduce the risk of osteoarthritis, diabetes, cancer, and other chronic illnesses.
Q.6 What are the benefits of drinking cucumber and lemon water?
Lemon and cucumber water are rich in the highest amount of antioxidants. Once it is absorbed into our bodies, it functions as a cleanser and eliminates harmful elements from the body. Consuming cucumber and lemon water can help fight and guard against numerous diseases.
Q.7 What are the benefits of black tea with Lemon?
Black tea with Lemon is way better than a regular milk tea. Black tea with putting some drops of lemon juice in it will make your digestive system strong and helps detoxify the body.
Q.8 How to use Lemon on the face for pimples?
Lemon can quickly help you out from pimples. You can directly put lemon juice on the pimples with the help of cotton and leave it for some time and then wash it.
In another way, you can add lemon juice and rose water to Multani mitti and make a smooth paste of it, then apply it directly to pimples.
Leave it until it becomes hard, and then wash it with water.
Apply this paste 2-3 times a day for better results.